Updates on collection and room.

What else is going on with my card room and collection?
1) I have just started rearranging my storage room that currently stores binders of many a thousands of baseball cards.  I'm planning on putting up new lighting and a switch installed for the lighting.  I'm also planning on purchasing some new binders to replace older failing binders.  While doing that, I'm going to be reprinting many new labels for these binders with a uniform labeling.
2) Once I wrap up the Topps 1989 card sets, it will be time to start tackling all the Upper Deck sets that I own from 1989 to 2000.  Most of these are completely uncatalogued.  I suspect I own more than 50,000 cards.  After cataloging these, I will have a better feel.
3) I'm going to have to expand my baseball card database again and add another volume.  I'll continue to fill up the existing volumes until then.

1989 continued

This is what over half way done looks like. Less than two boxes left to sort and store in the binders.

Yes, I have marked a milestone with my Topps 1989 Card project. I have sorted through over half now. It is looking like I have nearly 10 complete sets of this collection. When I have all the cards in all 10 binders, I will then start to catalog them. I don't expect the cataloging will take nearly as long as sorting all these cards.

I don't often talk about baseball card supplies but I have purchased a new 9 pocket card pages by Titanshield. I have used quite a few different brands before and at various price points, but this company is a first. I was very pleased with the purchase for the price vs quality. These pages are just the right mil in thickness. so many are either too thin or too thick. The textured back for flipping pages is also a nice touch. Paid $19.99 for 100 on Amazon.

Collection Status Update

I'm doing a little bit more every day. Alright, yes it has been a bit since I posted on the "crazy nines" project or the collection in general, so I'm posting a general post. 
First, I'm opening up my baseball card storage room again. With so many 1989 cards - Donruss, Fleer, Topps Standard, Topps Big, Topps Bowman, Score - left to sort that will be going to SO many binders (at least ten binders for just Topps 1989 Standard), I will not have room for these binders in my Cubs baseball card room. The problem with this other room is very poor lighting, so I'm looking at options. I'm thinking that I will possibly put up LED strip lighting on the shelves.  Of course I will need a way to turn this on and off.
I'll probably start hanging some of favorite Cardinals and White Sox stuff in the Cubs Room.  I guess it would no longer be a Cubs room though.  But I'll post more updates on that stuff.

Topps 89 cont / card room video

I am still working on Topps 1989 cards and putting them in binders. I try to do some cards everyday. Sooner or later, it will become less daunting as more and more cards become organized. With three boxes to go through, I have a while to get there.

I also wanted to take a moment to announce that I created a new video to highlight my baseball card room.

I also feel my website ( ) might be a little misleading with people thinking I have most of my Cubs cards cataloged and that could be further from the truth. I really want to get back to cataloging all my Cubs baseball cards with currently 1,753 cataloged as of writing this. Further more, I'm really curious what my new current count of Ryne Sandberg cards are.

Crazy 9s project

I have renamed the Topps 1989 project the Crazy 9s projects. I'm at a stopping point. I have pressed as far as I could without buying supplies. At minimum, I need new 9 card sheets. I can't really go out to the card stores and get these. I'm wondering how bad I wish to purchase these online with shipping and taxes. So to sum up the collection configuration and naming. Each binder will have 9 pages of 9 cards per page with 9 copies of each page for the year 89. At this moment, I'm 100% sure I have 2 complete sets of 1989 Topps. I'm 95% sure I have three complete sets. 85% sure I have 4 complete sets. After that, I'm not sure at all how likely I have 5 or more. Although I'm not hopeful that I have 9 complete sets, I'm still proceeding as I do.

The Topps 1989 project: Day 3

At the end of day 3 on the 1989 Topps project, I'm still no where near being done or even close to half way. What I am close to is running out of storage material. I need to purchase more sheets and binders and will be out tomorrow.

Additionally, after day 3 I have come to the conclusion that I will *probably* have 4 full sets and 4 mostly complete sets. But as they say, time will tell with my progress of this major sorting and cataloging project. I'm considering storing these sets in volumes instead of a set per binder. I would think this would make finding the card you are looking for much easier.

The Topps 1989 project: Day 2

OK, I have started day two of this project and I guess I can say it is going fairly well. One binder almost done.

Update: 7/May/2020
After a couple of days working on this, I'm proceeding as if I have 5 complete sets of 1989 Topps. I may have to bump up to 6 complete sets. I already almost have 1 complete set in binder. Just after 2 days of rummaging through just 2K of these cards, it is becoming obvious which cards are common and what cards were more scarce. It is feels like this was something that Topps did on purpose. I still have 3 1/3 dual row boxes of 1989s I have not even touched yet. I'm finding this actually really fun and when I'm done, I will know exactly how many 1989 cards I have without manually and randomly cataloging them.

Update again: 7/May/2020
OK, that has escalated fast :) I am currently treating this as I am completing 8 full 1989 Topps sets. I still have a long way to go with this project. Yet the more I work on this, the more I am convinced T…