Sunday, July 31, 2022

Bad issue with my ColecoVision Flashback

I turned on the ColecoVision Flashback last night and received a scrambled startup screen. Turned off the system, had the same screen. Turned the ColecoVision Flashback off one more time and the system displayed vertical color bars. For the remainder of my troubleshooting, that is all I received.

So I opened up the system to look for some obvious reason for the issue.

Not quite like opening up other systems to troubleshoot. The board is a fraction of the size of the console case and screwed on the the upper side so that when opening the case up, the underbelly of the board is exposed. That said, the board looked clean of dust, corrosion, and other issues.

The solder points, resisters, and capastors look good to me.

Power looks good and the video chip is working, thus the color bars. It is my opinioin that the ROM has gone bad. I will likely do what others have done a put a PI in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few good cards picked up

- 1983 Donruss Lee Smith (Cubs) - HoF - 1993 Topps Ryne Sandberg - All Star Card (Cubs) - HoF - 1989 Donruss Carlton Fisk (White Sox) -  HoF...