Sunday, January 8, 2023

MyArcade Atari GameStation Plus

 OK, I'm going to admit I'm excited about the team up between MyArcade and Atari for the new mini console - Atari GameStation.  






* What I know:

- This is a mini console.

- Comes with two wireless, LED joy sticks with several buttons (including trigger button)

- 200+ built-in game ROMs, all from 2600, 7800, and Arcade.

- Two USB ports on the front of the console

- Price point at $99 dollars

- Released June 2023


* What I am excited for:

- 7800 and Arcade ROMs

- Joy sticks 


* What I am not excited for:

- I don't need more 2600 games.  I have an Atari 2600 with tons of games.  The console and games are already easy to acquire. Like everyone else, I also already have an Atari Flashback packed with 2600 games.  It would have been nice to have Jaguar and 5200 games on this.

- No paddle controller or track ball available.  Breakout, Tempest, Centipede, and and other such games sometimes play better on other controllers than joy sticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few good cards picked up

- 1983 Donruss Lee Smith (Cubs) - HoF - 1993 Topps Ryne Sandberg - All Star Card (Cubs) - HoF - 1989 Donruss Carlton Fisk (White Sox) -  HoF...