Friday, March 29, 2024

Now that I have the 400

 Now that I have the Atari THE400 mini, overall I am pleased with it.  Playing Time Pilot allows me to tweak the game that Altirra was not to get the best experience for my monitor.  The fact that it keeps the setting separate for each game is awesome and remember when you go back to each game.

The CX-stick was a little frustrating for me playing Donkey Kong. Mostly with the use of ladders. But possibly a me issue.  With Altirra, I was playing using the keyboard.  On the other hand I play a lot of Berzerk on the 2600 with the standard CX Joystick.  Again, the stick did not give me the same play. The Atari computer line Berzerk appears to be a much better version of the game than the 2600 (which is great), but if I'm having trouble aiming my shots, it is a little frustrating.  With those complaints out of the way the CX-stick makes a great control device for navigating the system

I tried to use the PlayStation Mini USB controller, but did not have much luck.  I also tried to use the Hyperkin Trooper 2 Premium USB joystick, also not much luck.

I noticed that this is running Linux with a nice shell that allows you to run the 6502 Atari platform.  I think if we give it enough time, the community will find great ways to make the most out of this device.

One day after the order opening and my serial # is 2369


No comments:

Post a Comment

A few good cards picked up

- 1983 Donruss Lee Smith (Cubs) - HoF - 1993 Topps Ryne Sandberg - All Star Card (Cubs) - HoF - 1989 Donruss Carlton Fisk (White Sox) -  HoF...