Friday, February 11, 2022

Great Linux tools

Ever so often, I'm going to highlight Linux tools that are under appreciated. So today here are two:

IDE:
- Geany. A great IDE for XML, C, Pascal, Pearl, Ruby, PHP, and everything else. Extremely stable, fast, light weight, and does everything one could hope for in an IDE. I love it so much on Linux, I also use it on Windows. I use versions 1.37 - 1.38


Web-browser:
- Falkon. Web browser made by the KDE team. Although not perfect, and I have other browsers that are better, but in many ways in my benchmarks, I have it out peforming browsers like FireFox, Dillo, and Link2 easily in areas. Compaired to the newest Chromium, 20-40% faster and less memory running Office365 web applications. Falkon is a browser to consider because of speed and memory usage where it can outshine FireFox and Chrome. So impressed on Linux, I'm trying on Windows 10.

Update: Just as impresive on Windows as with Linux. Very FAST, and faster than Chrome! But Memory wise on Windows, not as impressive. Appears to be a memory hog on Windows, like Chrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few good cards picked up

- 1983 Donruss Lee Smith (Cubs) - HoF - 1993 Topps Ryne Sandberg - All Star Card (Cubs) - HoF - 1989 Donruss Carlton Fisk (White Sox) -  HoF...