Sunday, September 8, 2024

The Atari Gamestation pro

The Atari/MyArcade Gamestation pro has become my primary console. So much so, I'm thinking about shelving many of my other game consoles. I'm beginning to see this is an underrated console. The system plays Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Genesis, NES, SNES, Game Boy, MAME Arcade, as well as several other game systems. With Firmware "1.30c", there are ways of making Odyssey2 and Intellivision games run on the console. Really almost any 8-bit or 16-bit game console. Plus the amount of controllers that people have made run on the console is impressive too. If some could get PS1 and PS2 to run this would be my one console, but I'm not holding my breath as I really don't know the amount of horse power under the hood of this console.

As long as you put the games in the "Games" folder of the root of the micro SD card and use the correct extensions for the BIN/ROM file, the system plays thousands of different games across all these systems.

For example (not a complete list):
.a26 for Atari 2600
.a52 for Atari 5200
.a78 for Atari 7800

.gb for Game Boy
.gba for Game Boy Advanced
.gbc for Game Boy Color
.nes for NES

.bin for Sega Genesis
.gg for Sega Game Gear

for updated firmware 1.30 [vendor]
.sfc for Super Nintendo
.sms for Sega Master System

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golf Discs and their numbers

In the post, I'm going to talk about the 5 primary characteristics of golf discs: Weight, Speed, Glide, Turn, and Fade (plus a couple ...