Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Cubs season approaching

I'm itching for baseball season to start again.  So here is my first Cubs post of the year and here are the players I believe will get the most playing time in 2018 for the Cubs.  I'll even take it a step farther. I predict how many HR each player will hit.

C Willson Contreras 26 HRs
1BAnthony Rizzo 28 HRs
2BAddison Russell 16 HRs
SSJavier Baez 12 HRs
3BKris Bryant 32 HRs
RFJason Heyward 14 HRs
CFAlbert Almora Jr. 11 HRs
LFKyle Schwarber 30 HRs
UFIan Happ 27 HRs

We will check back and see how close I came in October.  Maybe I'm over optimistic that everyone will play up to their potential.

Honestly, this still looks like a 4-years-in-a-row-playoff team. I'm a little surprised that Ian Happ is still on the team. I thought he would have been traded for a pitching ace with all this offensive potential.

Looking at that lineup, at least 4 players have HoF potential. Overall, It is still a good era to be a Cubs fan. I truely believe Heyward and Schwarber will have better years than 2017.  Cubs management is banking on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few good cards picked up

- 1983 Donruss Lee Smith (Cubs) - HoF - 1993 Topps Ryne Sandberg - All Star Card (Cubs) - HoF - Carlton Fisk (White Sox) -  HoF