Saturday, January 13, 2018

Making a custom dice box. Part IV

Paige designed a dragon head that we both liked on her computer.  She saved it and we transferred the image to the main computer.  We then printed the image to a size small to put on the metal plate.



Estimating the center of the metal plate, I firmly taped the paper around the plate.










With a wood block underneath, I slowly punch down along the printed outline of the dragon head.  I tried to make each punch as close as possible.















The metal plate is now ready to drill holes in and stain.















I have painted the inside of the box with black spray paint.
















I also purchased clear paint to seal the exterior upon completion.  This was about $3.50 a can.














Lastly tonight, I glued the corner plates on with gorilla glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few good cards picked up

- 1983 Donruss Lee Smith (Cubs) - HoF - 1993 Topps Ryne Sandberg - All Star Card (Cubs) - HoF - Carlton Fisk (White Sox) -  HoF